Thursday, January 03, 2008

You Thought I Dropped Off the Earth, Didn't You?I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack. Thought I was gone for good, huh? Well, I'm back until my new website is up. (Yes, it's coming.)
So, for now, a brief update.

Life has its ups and downs. I have been focusing a lot of time and energy on mental illness, Bipolar Disorder in general. The longer I live, the more I realize how little the Church understands mental illness, or how to minister to the mentally ill. It's not because they don't care, or they are against these folks -- though, admittedly, a large segment of the Church is set in its ways and is unlikely to listen to science OR reason -- but for the most part the discrimination is based on ignorance. I cannot expect Christians to understand mental illness when mentally ill Christians won't talk about it.

I'm going to talk about it.

I used to work with mentally ill people, and I am mentally ill myself. There are a myriad of topics to cover. Expect to find me ruminating about them here from time to time. Actually, a lot more often than that.

At the moment, the new marriage book is being shopped to a major Christian publisher. Sheri and I are hoping to hear something soon. In the meantime, I have been working for Shaunti Feldhahn as a ghost writer. I've been writing radio spots for Moody Radio and Focus On The Family Radio. I am also freelancing, as well. I just finished up a piece on modesty for Living With Teenagers Magazine (Lifeway). It was a ton of fun to write. I love teenagers, and I loved being able to write something about a topic that is near and dear to me. Saving kids' integrity is a big deal.

Healthwise... I've been so-so. I had a really rough period of depression from about September through early December, and required a med increase. I'm feeling much better now, but I have my down times. It's all a part of the disease.

Christmas was wonderful. We had our family over on Christmas Eve, and then my mother had our side of the family over for dinner Christmas Day. I always feel sad for my hubby -- he has no parents now. Christmas Eve is something he always looks forward to -- the nieces and nephews snooping around under the tree, the Christmas music... the TONS of food. I love the season, and I'm always sad to see it go... but a little bit relieved, too.

That's it for now. Hope you had a great Christmas, and I hope you have an awesome 2008.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com